New-York Historical Society Centennial Medal
Rolled gold; gilt metal
diameter: 2 1/2 in. ( 6.4 cm )
Inscription: obverse, at lower right of field: "V.D.Brenner" Inscription: gilt metal plaque, in black ink: "Donated by/Mrs Byam Kerby Stevens"
Rolled gold struck medal with obverse showing double bust-length portrait of John Pintard and Egbert Benson; legend: "JOHN PINTARD/FOUNDER," at left; "EGBERT BENSON/FIRST PRESIDENT," at right. Reverse depicts old and new buildings of the New-York Historical Society with medallion supported by palm leaves below; legend around border: ".THE.NEW.YORK.HISTORICAL.SOCIETY.1804-1904."; inscription at center of field: "IT IS DELIGHTFUL/TO RECALL THE PAST."
Gift of Mrs. Bryam Kerby Stevens
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.