Musket flint excavated at West Point
Overall: 1 5/8 x 7/8 x 1/4 in. ( 4.1 x 2.2 x 0.6 cm )
Musket flint excavated at West Point.
This flint was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee from a refuse pit near an early nineteenth-century barracks at West Point, a series of barracks and redoubts in Orange County, New York built by the Continental Army in 1777. West Point was built to establish American control of the Hudson River, and to protect the Hudson Highlands from attack by the British Army in New York City.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.