Metal plate from ship Thetis
Metal, paper, string
height and width: 70.1 x 74.2mm (2 3/4 x 2 15/16 in.)
Rectangular metal plat with screwholes at each corner and two central openings, inscribed "A. GROUP/ CHIEF ENGRS./ CABIN". Affixed by string is card engraved "Philip Marshall Brown" and handwritten in ink on other side" From H.B.M.S.S./ THETIS/ sunk in canal at/ Zeebrugge, April, 1918".
Wrapper with items notes that it was given by Philip Marshall Brown to Col. James Barnes [President of the Naval History Society], who donated it to the Society in 1933.
Gift of the Naval History Society, 1925
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.