Overall: 10 x 4 1/4 x 2 1/4 in. ( 25.4 x 10.8 x 5.7 cm )
Cobalt blue non-lead glass figured bottle blown in a three-part mold with hand-tooled finish; cylindrical neck with down-tooled lip, double-ogee rounded shoulders embossed with winged heads front and back, rectangular body with concave chamfered corners embossed front and back with medical caduceus (staff with two entwined serpents) flanked by elongated urns with foliate decoration; flat rectangular base with concave chamfered corners with pontil mark.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.