Overall: 4 3/4 x 1 3/4 in. ( 12.1 x 4.4 cm )
printed paper label: affixed to body: "Mrs. M. Brown's/ PAIN KILLER/ . . . /Prepared only by Mrs. B./ Proprietor Dr. L. S. Comstock/ OF THE FIRM OF/ COMSTOCK & Co./ No. 21 Cortlandt St./ NEW YORK/ Directions for Use . . ." typed collector's label: affixe
Aquamarine glass medicine bottle blown in a two-part mold; flanged lip, cylindrical neck, slightly rounded shoulder, panelled cylindrical body with paper label attached, and mold seam and pontil mark on base.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman, 1937
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.