The Little Florist
Watercolor, brown ink, and graphite on paper laid on board
Overall: 8 x 5 3/4 in. ( 20.3 x 14.6 cm ) mat: 14 x 11 in. ( 35.6 x 27.9 cm )
Inscribed along lower border in brown ink: "THE LITTLE FLORIST. / Printed by Mary H. Berry of Barrington / Hannah S Eaton's N, 16. 1849.."; reverse of board inscribed: "Belonging to Georgie Barstow / Hanover 4 Corners/ Price / $6.50"
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Elie Nadelman, Museum of Folk Arts, Riverdale-on-Hudson, Bronx, New York
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.