Overall: 9 x 1 1/2 in. (22.9 x 3.8 cm)
Celluloid letter opener advertising a venetian blind manufacturer, "Jas. G. Wilson 74 West 23rd St. Cor. 6th Ave." Four sets of images depicting styles in interior and exterior settings with associated text, "Rolling Venetian Blinds / English Venetian Blinds / Rolling Partitions / Rolling Street Shutters".
James G. Wilson, a dealer of shutters and venetian blinds, was in business in New York City by 1875. He moved to the West 23rd Street address noted on this letter opener in 1890 and remained there until at least 1900.
Gift of William J. Gladwin, Jr.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.