Lance or pike point
Overall: 5 3/4 x 1/2 in. ( 14.6 x 1.3 cm )
Roughly triangular base with cylindrical point at top.
This point was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee from a refuse deposit near a military camp and fort at Richmond, Staten Island. Built after the arrival of British forces under General William Howe in July, 1776, the fort was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783. A soldier may have fashioned the point from scrap iron.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.