Amber blown glass chimney with slight iridescent finish; flared lip at top, ovoid paneled body with tapering neck; straight cylindrical neck at base. Fits on kerosene lamp burner unit.
The glass base and shade of this lamp were manufactured by Tiffany Studios, but the burner unit, patented in 1894 and called "The Twilight," was manufactured elsewhere. Tiffany Studios assembled these lamps and sold them in their Madison Avenue showroom.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024