Overall: 9 1/8 x 4 1/2 in. ( 23.2 x 11.4 cm )
label: on underside: "LCT FAVRILE GLASS - TIFFANY REGISTERED TRADEMARK"
Amber blown glass lamp base with gold iridescent finish in the form of a candlestick; flared socket, tapering, twisted stem flaring to circular base; pontil mark. Socket receives kerosene lighting apparatus.
The glass base and shade of this lamp were manufactured by Tiffany Studios, but the burner unit, patented in 1894 and called "The Twilight," was manufactured elsewhere. Tiffany Studios assembled these lamps and sold them in their Madison Avenue showroom.
Gift of Mrs. John V. Irwin
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.