Knee breech buckle excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 1 3/8 x 1 3/8 x 1/8 in. ( 3.5 x 3.5 x 0.3 cm )
Iron knee-breech buckle excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; square frame with iron tongue.
This buckle was excavated on June 10, 1917 by Reginald P. Bolton, William L. Calver, and others prior to the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues and 204th and Academy Streets in Washington Heights. It was stored with the Reginald Pelham Bolton Collection of Revolutionary War Relics in the Morris-Jumel Mansion, at 160th Street and Edgecomb Avenue in Washington Heights, Manhattan.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.