Jonathan Hunt (1806-ca. 1851)
Watercolor on ivory
Overall: 2 x 1 5/8 in. ( 5.1 x 4.1 cm )
The subject was a member of the firm of Hunt Brothers, dry goods merchants and importers of 18 Exchange Place and 64 Beaver Street. In 1848 the partnership of Jonathan and Seth B. Hunt was dissolved and a new firm was established, Hunt, Daniels & Company, comprising Jonathan Hunt, George Daniels, and Clinton L. Merriam. The last listing of the firm appeared in the New York City Directory of 1850-51.
Purchase, The Louis Durr Fund
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.