Overall: 5 3/4 x 2 3/4 in. ( 14.6 x 7 cm )
in relief: on obverse: "HARRISON'S / COLUMBIAN / INK"
Deep blue glass ink bottle blown in a two-part mold with separate base plate; applied flange lip, cylindrical neck, slightly sloped shoulder, cylindrical body with "HARRISON'S COLUMBIAN INK" inscribed on obverse, push-up, and pontil mark on base.
The entry "Apollos W. Harrison, books, maps, and inks" first appears in the Philadelphia city directory in 1847. By 1877 only his residence address is given, suggesting that by then he had retired. (See McKearin and Wilson, "American Bottles & Flasks and Their Ancestry," p. 267.)
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.