Hollow bullet (2)
Overall: 1 1/4 x 3/4 in. ( 3.2 x 1.9 cm )
Brass object; hollow, rounded cone comprised of top and bottom halves that screw together.
This object was found in June, 1890 by Thomas Muir at the breastworks of Green Island, on the north end of Clay Island in Lake George, New York. According to its accession sheet, the object is a shell bullet used to carry messages during the Revolutionary War.
Gift of Thomas Muir
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.