Vaccination Policy

All visitors ages 12 and older must show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Visitors ages 5–11 must show proof of one dose. Read more >

Glass fragments (2)

Object Number: 
INV.6168.17-18
Date: 
1760-1783
Medium: 
Glass
Dimensions: 
largest: 1 x 1 1/2 in. ( 2.5 x 3.8 cm )
Description: 
Dark green lips.
Gallery Label: 
These fragments were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others at a military camp at 201st Street and Ninth Avenue in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the camp was occupied by British soldiers who were guarding the landing area for a ferry that crossed the Harlem River from the Bronx to Manhattan.
Credit Line: 
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group