Glass fragment excavated at Fort Crown Point
Overall: 1 1/2 x 7/8 x 1/8 in. ( 3.8 x 2.2 x 0.3 cm )
Glass fragment excavated at Fort Crown Point, a fort at Lake Champlain in New York; colorless glass with embossed beaded design.
This fragment was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee on August 26, 1934 at Fort Crown Point, at Lake Champlain in New York. Built by the French and called Fort St. Frederic, the fort was destroyed in 1759 in anticipation of its capture by General Amherst. Rebuilt as Crown Point, the fort was captured on May 11, 1775 by the Green Mountain Boys, garrisoned with American troops, and recaptured in June, 1777 by General Burgoyne. The glass is probably tableware.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.