Overall: 1 1/2 x 1 in. ( 3.8 x 2.5 cm )
Glass body; green and ribbed.
This fragment was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from a refuse deposit near military barracks that extended along Bennett Avenue between 181st and 182nd Streets. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the barracks were occupied by the British and Hessian garrisons of the fort until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.