Frey House, Palatine Bridge, New York
Black ink and wash and graphite on board
Overall: 10 3/4 x 14 1/4 in. ( 27.3 x 36.2 cm )
signature: lower left: "W.L. Hudson" inscription: verso, stamped: "W.L. Hudson/Studio/70 Fifth Ave., N.Y."
Signed in gray wash at lower left inside image: 'W.L. HUDSON."; inscribed at lower left outside image in black ink: "Old Frey House at Palatine Bridge NY / Built in 1739 by Henry Frey"; verso has various publishing instructions and stamp of the artist with studio address (70 Fifth Avenue)
This long stone house erected in 1739 by Hendrick Frey served as a British army post during the French and Indian War, and is known locally as Fort Frey. This study was drawn for publication.
Gift of Emil Herman Sauer
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.