Update

Visitors ages 12 and older are required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Learn more >

Framed set of bottle and wine glass fragments (25)

Object Number: 
INV.6472.1-25
Date: 
1750-1783
Medium: 
Glass
Dimensions: 
largest: 3 1/2 x 2 in. ( 8.9 x 5.1 cm )
Description: 
Four colorless glass flasks: short cylindrical necks with shoulder fragments, two flasks have ribbing, one has a diamond pattern, and another has raised bosses on shoulders; four green glass flasks: short cylindrical necks with shoulder and body fragments; two have ribbing on shoulder and one has fluting and other green flask is slightly melted; four colorless body fragments: one has ribbing, another diamond pattern; two colorless bottle bases; three oval green bottle bases with ribbing or fluting; five colorless stem fragments: four have white spiral twists inside.
Gallery Label: 
These glass fragments were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others at Revolutionary War forts and military camps in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the camps were occupied by the British and Hessian garrisons of Washington Heights until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group