Fragment of bar shot
Overall: 2 in. ( 5.1 cm )
Iron bar shot; two half-circles connected by bar.
This fragment was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others at a military camp on the Colonial Dyckman farm, at 204th Street between Seaman and Payson Avenues in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Occupied after the surrender of Fort Washington on November 16, 1776, the camp was garrisoned by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.