Fork excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 7 x 1/2 x 1/4 in. ( 17.8 x 1.3 x 0.6 cm )
Iron fork excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; fork has three narrow tines.
This fork was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton, William L. Calver, and others before the formation of the Field Exploration Committee, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues and 204th and Academy Streets in Washington Heights.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.