Overall: 1 1/8 x 3/4 in. ( 2.9 x 1.9 cm )
Brass and glass fob seal; circular glass seal impressed with design of horse; seal is set into the base of a brass shank; shank has shell pattern on base and a small loop on top.
This fob seal was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee at Fort George, a British fort at Niagara-on-the-Lake on the Niagara River in Ontario, Canada. Built in 1795, the fort was captured by American forces and occupied by them from May until December, 1813. The seal was suspended from a British officer's watch chain.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.