Flint projectile points excavated at Fort Ticonderoga; the smaller point is triangular.
These projectile points were excavated by the Field Exploration Committee in July, 1929 at Fort Ticonderoga, at Lake Champlain in New York. Built by the French in 1755, the fort was destroyed in 1759 in anticipation of capture by General Amherst. Rebuilt as Ticonderoga, it was captured on May 10, 1775 by the Green Mountain Boys under Ethan Allen and Colonel Benedict Arnold, and recaptured by General Burgoyne in June, 1777. The points are probably arrowheads.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024