Figured pint flask
Overall: 7 1/4 x 5 x 2 1/2 in. ( 18.4 x 12.7 x 6.4 cm )
Light pink non-lead glass figured flask blown in a full-size two-part mold (McKearin GIV-11) with hand-tooled flared finish, rectangular body with rounded shoulders, pint capacity; decorated with Masonic arch and Masonic symbols on obverse, American eagle with banner above and oval cartouche containing leaf-like motif below on reverse, ribbing on sides, and flat base with pontil mark.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.