Overall: 6 x 3 x 2 in. ( 15.2 x 7.6 x 5.1 cm )
Green non-lead glass figured flask blown in a full-sized two-part mold (McKearin GVII-16) with hand-tooled finish; short cylindrical neck with flaired lip, rounded shoulders, and a trapazoidal body molded with a twenty-one ray sunburst on the front and back with nineteen ridges on each side; base shows horizontal mold seam and suspiciously faint pontil mark.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.