Fastener excavated at Fort George
Overall: 1/2 in. ( 1.3 cm )
Bronze fastener; flat and oval-shaped; stud on back; part of fastener is broken off.
This fastener was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee at Fort George, a British fort at Niagara-on-the-Lake on the Niagara River in Ontario, Canada. Built in 1795, the fort was captured by American forces on May 27, 1813, and occupied by them until December. The fastener is possibly a cuff link.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.