Dyckman House, New York City
Watercolor and graphite on paper
Overall: 8 3/4 x 15 1/8 in. ( 22.2 x 38.4 cm ) mat: 16 x 22 in. ( 40.6 x 55.9 cm )
signature: lower right, red watercolor: "F. Leo Hunter,/New York" inscription: lower left: "The Dyckman House, Front View 1876"
Inscribed at lower left in graphite: "Old House, New York"; signed and inscribed in brown watercolor: "THE DYCKMAN HOUSE. FRONT VIEW. 1876"; at lower right in red watercolor: "F. LEO HUNTER. / NEW YORK"
Erected about 1783 by William Dyckman on the Kingsbridge Road at what is now Broadway and 204th Street on upper Manhattan Island, the Dyckman House was presented to the City of New York in 1915 by descendants of the original owner. It is now a historic house museum.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.