Drinking glass fragments (3) excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp

Object Number: 
INV.5924.474-476
Date: 
1760-1783
Medium: 
Glass
Dimensions: 
largest: 2 1/4 x 1 3/8 in. ( 5.7 x 3.5 cm )
Description: 
Drinking glass fragments excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; colorless glass; three stems.
Gallery Label: 
These stems were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton, and others before the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th Street in Washington Heights. The glasses were owned by soldiers, by a member of a soldier's family or by another civilian living in the camp, or were obtained from local residents.
Credit Line: 
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group