Ceramic, textile, leather, paint
Overall: 16 x 8 x 2 1/2 in. ( 40.6 x 20.3 x 6.4 cm )
Doll with glazed porcelain shoulder head, black molded hair with part, blue painted eyes, closed mouth, and red tinted cheeks; stuffed cloth body with complete stuffed kid arm, separate fingers, divided leg with leather high-heeled boots with decorative buttons on side; knee-length, short-sleeve printed dress with red checkered apron, lace-trimmed petticoat and knickers, and red striped lower legs.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.