Delftware tile fragment excavated at the Blue Bell Tavern
Overall: 2 3/4 in. ( 7 cm )
painted: (1), on front: "MAT. 25. 15"
Earthenware tile fragment; white-glazed delftware with a blue hand-painted inscription and design of a man kneeling; rectangular.
This tile fragment was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others at the Blue Bell Tavern, a Colonial tavern at 181st Street near Broadway.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.