Decanter with stopper
Overall: 10 x 4 in. ( 25.4 x 10.2 cm )
Colorless lead glass decanter blown in three-part mold (McKearin GII-18); bulbous body with flange lip, cylindrical neck encircled by three double rings with rigaree decoration, and sloping shoulders; molded pattern consists of a wide band of vertical ribs separated by a horizontal ring from a wide band of diamond diapering; vertical ribbing around base; bottom molded with diamond ring (McKearin diamond type XIV); pontil mark; stopper has sunburst at top, band of diamond diapering, and vertical ribs around bottom (McKearin plate 144, no. 3).
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.