Overall: 2 3/8 x 3 3/4 x 2 1/2 in. ( 6 x 9.5 x 6.4 cm )
struck: near lip and handle: "WK/KN" below crown; in a shield, followed by three others marks in shields "YL [or B]/& S"
Pewter half-gill mug; tapering cylinder body with two sets of incised lines; broken scroll handle; various marks struck near lid.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937. There is a mark to the left of the handle that verifies one gill (1/4 pint) as the legal capacity.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.