Cruet with stopper
overall, without stopper: 5 1/2 x 2 1/2 in. ( 14 x 6.4 cm )
Blue lead glass cruet blown in a three-part mold (McKearin GI-3 Type 1) with a tapered cylindrical neck and flanged lip, barrel-shaped body with sloping shoulders molded with two bulbous rings at shoulder and overall pattern of aproximately 21 swirled ribs, base with molded concentric circles (McKearin Ringed Type III) and pontil mark, and solid stopper with ball finial on wafer with tapered plug.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.