Creamware fragments (9) excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
largest: 3 3/8 x 1 1/4 x 1/8 in. ( 8.6 x 3.2 x 0.3 cm )
Creamware fragments excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; rim fragment with brown inlaid slip bands and beading under rim; body fragment with overglazed red and green flower; two feather-edged rim fragments; three base fragments, one with beading; one base and rim fragment; and one body fragment with raised bands.
These fragments were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others before the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th Street. They were stored with the Reginald Bolton Collection in the Jumel Mansion, at 160th Street and Edgecomb Avenue. They were owned by soldiers, by a member of a soldier's family or by another civilian, or were obtained from residents. The feather-edge rims were from plates.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.