Creamware fragments (3) excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 7/8 x 2 1/8 in. ( 2.2 x 5.4 cm )
Creamware fragments excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; base fragment and body fragment with brown inlaid slip bands; beading around base.
This fragment wer excavated on September 23, 1917 by Reginald P. Bolton and others before the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th Street. They were stored with the Reginald Bolton Collection in the Jumel Mansion, at 160th Street and Edgecomb Avenue. They were possibly part of a mug or jar and were owned by soldiers, by the families of soldiers, or were obtained from local civilians.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.