Update

Visitors ages 12 and older are required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Learn more >

Creamware fragments (15)

Object Number: 
INV.6100.434-448
Date: 
1760-1783
Medium: 
Earthenware
Dimensions: 
largest: 5/8 x 2 3/8 in. ( 1.6 x 6 cm )
Description: 
Earthenware plate; creamware with overglazed red and green floral designs; three base, eight body, one rim, two lid, and two handle fragments.
Gallery Label: 
These fragments were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from a refuse deposit near military barracks that extended along Bennett Avenue between 181st and 182nd Streets. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the barracks were occupied by the British and Hessian garrisons of the fort until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group