Creamware fragment excavated at West Point
Overall: 5/8 x 3/4 in. ( 1.6 x 1.9 cm )
Earthenware fragment excavated at West Point; creamware body fragment with underglazed, blue hand-painted bird's wing.
This fragment was excavated in 1923 by the Field Exploration Committee from the refuse pit of the Revolutionary War barracks at West Point, a citadel in Orange County, New York built by the Continental Army in 1777. West Point was built to establish American control of the Hudson River, and to guard the Hudson Highlands from attack by the British Army stationed in New York City.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.