Overall: 8 x 2 7/8 x 5 in. ( 20.3 x 7.3 x 12.7 cm )
engraved: in the reserve: "T L" stamped: on edge of the base: "A & R" in a rectangle
Wrought silver creamer; urn-shaped body with a high, extended, pointed pouring lip, low sides, and a back rising to a point at the handle juncture; applied, beaded band around the rim; body applied to a circular pedestal on a square base; beading around the body juncture and the base of the pedestal; high-loop strap handle tapers at the high point of the handle, widening and tapering again to a point at the bottom; handle has angular shoulders at the joint with the upper body; wheel turned circular reserve suspended from a bow-knot with bright-cut bell flowers below; reserve engraved, "T L" in bright-cut script; maker's mark on the base.
George Alexander and Henry Riker had a shop at 350 Pearl St. from 1797 to 1798. This parternership was dissolved by mutual consent.
Gift of Robert G. Goelet
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.