Overall: 8 5/8 x 7 3/4 x 5 in. ( 21.9 x 19.7 x 12.7 cm )
engraved: in front reserve: "C" Mark: stamped on base: "MARQUAND" in a banner "& CO" in rectangle over "NEW-YORK" in a banner"
Wrought silver creamer; inverted pear-shaped body on a round splayed foot, joined to the body by a round pedestal with an applied die-rolled heart and shell band; wide, raised, flared and extended pouring rim with an applied, die-rolled heart band around the edge; cast, scrolled handle partially covered with acanthus leaves and flowers; all over repoussé and chased scrolls, plants and flowers with cartouches around the front and rear reserves; "C" engraved in script in the front reserve; makers' marks on the base.
Belonged to Mrs. John Cryder (Mary Wright Wetmore, 1804-1874), grandmother of the donor.
Gift of Henry Chauncey Cryder
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.