Wood from fort, silver
Overall: 36 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 in. (91.4 x 3.8 x 3.8 cm)
Ft. Duquesne relic cane, gift of daughter to father.
The cane has a silver handle with a body made from wood from Fort Duquesne in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Fort, built in 1855 at the junction where the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers join to form the Ohio River, was the site of George Washington's first military exploits.
Gift of Lou and Barbara Grumet
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.