largest: 1 3/4 x 2 1/2 in. ( 4.4 x 6.4 cm )
Bone combs; fine-toothed.
These combs were excavated by the Field Exploration Committee from a refuse deposit at Fort Haldimand, a British fort on Carleton Island in the St. Lawrence River at Cape Vincent, New York. Built in 1779, the fort commanded passage of the river and was retained by the British until its destruction by American forces in 1812.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.