overall: 8 1/4 in.
Green glass bottle (wine bottle form) with cork, bearing three paper labels; one printed "STORK CLUB COLOGNE" with image of stork.
Located at 3 East 53rd Street, the Stork Club opened in 1929 as a speakeasy and came to typify the glamour of New York and the incredible power of celebrity. Club owner Shermane Billingsley developed a successful formula for cultivating celebrity and mystique which included showering VIP guests with gifts. His signature items included perfume, cologne, and lipstick for ladies and shaving cream, cigars, and Stork Club ashtrays for men.
Gift of Thomas A. Janusz Jr. and Katherine S. Klein in memory of Joan Weber Janusz
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.