Clasp knife blade excavated at a Revolutionary War site
Overall: 4 1/2 x 1 1/2 in. ( 11.4 x 3.8 cm )
Iron clasp knife blade excavated at a Revolutionary War site in Washington Heights; the end of the blade is rounded to match the shape of a handle.
This clasp knife blade was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee at a site in Washington Heights. It was stored as part of the Reginald Pelham Bolton Collection of Revolutionary War Relics in the Jumel Mansion, at 160th Street and Edgecomb Avenue.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.