Map of the Borough of Manhattan of the City of New York, showing relation between the distribution of foreign stock and negro population with the dissemination of communist and socialist propaganda during the summer of 1932
black and color ink on paper, backed with cloth
SUPPORT THE NEW-YORK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Help us present groundbreaking exhibitions and develop educational programs about our nation's history for more than 200,000 schoolchildren annually.
Brass buttons, three stamped with concentric lines on front, another with flower.
These buttons were excavated by the Field Exploration Committee from a refuse deposit near a military camp and fort at Richmond, Staten Island. Built after the arrival of British forces under General William Howe in July, 1776, the fort was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783. The buttons may have been worn by officers, or by civilians living at the camp.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024