Pewter buttons excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; disk-shaped.
These buttons were excavated by Reginald Pelham Bolton and others prior to or aft er the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th St. in Washington Heights. They were possibly worn by Hessian soldiers, whose buttons were unnumbered.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024