Button excavated at West Point
Overall: 1 1/8 in. ( 2.9 cm )
Bronze button excavated at West Point; disk with thin bronze face; decorated with pattern of V-shaped lines.
This button was excavated in 1923 by the Field Exploration Committee from the refuse pit of the Revolutionary War barracks at West Point, a citadel in Orange County, New York built by the Continental Army in 1777. The button's thin-faced make indicates that it may have belonged to an officer, and it may have been manufactured in France and sent as part of military aid shipments.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.