Button excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 1 in. ( 2.5 cm )
Brass button excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; disk engraved with floral decoration.
This button was excavated by Reginald Pelham Bolton and others prior to the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th St. in Washington Heights. The button, decorated but unnumbered, belonged to a British, Hessian, or Loyalist general officer.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.