Diameter: 2 1/4 in. (5.7 cm)
Circular pin-back button; in red and white on a blue ground, in red lettering around outside edge "PROFESSIONAL AND CLERICAL EMPLOYEES, ILGWU"; below at center "PACE" above a paper clip holding a union label. The International Ladies Garment Workers Union was founded in 1900. Once one of the country’s most powerful unions, it was adversely affected by the decline in the garment industry in the years following World War II and by the 1980’s was expanding its membership beyond the garment industry. In 1986 under the leadership of it then President Jay Mazur, it founded the Professional and Clerical Employees division. In 1995 the ILGWU merged with the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers of American to form the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees (UNITE).
Gift of Irwin Silver
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.