Bull's eye lamp
mid 19th century
Pewter, glass, iron, brass
Overall: 8 1/4 x 4 in. ( 21 x 10.2 cm )
Britannia metal bull's eye oil lamp with circular molded brass; baluster stem; brass and iron lamp cap and wick holder; glass lenses attach to opposite sides of fuel reservoir.
According to the donor, this bull's eye lamp belonged to William Vosburgh, Albany, N.Y., the donor'd great grandfather. The lamp is attributed to Roswell Gleason (1822-1871), a pewterer from Dorchester, Massachusetts.
Gift of Mr. John V. Irwin
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.