British military gaiter buttons (2) excavated at Fort George
largest: 1/2 in. ( 1.3 cm )
Pewter military gaiter buttons; dome-shaped; looped fastener on back.
These buttons were excavated by the Field Exploration Committee at Fort George, a British fort at Niagara-on-the-Lake on the Niagara River in Ontario, Canada. Built in 1795, the fort was captured by American forces on May 27, 1813, and occupied until by them December.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.